Thursday, April 27, 2006

tired

Wow, spending time with people that you'll miss is tough on my body and mind... But I'm sure will all be worth it in the end. Speaking of which, I have something like 24 more days here?... Talk about how I should be getting scared and nervous but am not really yet. I wonder if that'll happen when I finally get the tickets in my hand... Also speaking of which, I have not heard from the PC on that issue (claro que no)...
And on a semi-related note (that of not sleeping enough), Coachella should be fantastic this weekend. I really can't wait to leave tomorrow at 4 am. Whoo hoo! Hopefully Steph and I'll get back Monday, though, since there's "talk" of closing down LAX as a result of the "day with no latinos." Which I couldn't be upset about since I wholeheartedly support the boycott and demonstrations, but I can't imagine would be too thrilled with if I found myself tiredly and dirtily hanging out all day in the Los Angeles airport...

2 Comments:

At 29/4/06 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Callie,

Good luck in your Peace Corps adventure.

As an RPCV (Honduras '03 -'05)I can only give you these words of advice:

Stick with it!

You will go through many valleys and peaks, both physically, mentally and professionally...but don't ever give up. All things must pass. You will NEVER forget your journey.

Most people at home will not comprehend what you are going through, and you will soon find yourself talking about bowel movements and seeing who hasn't showered in the last 2 weeks. Yes, you will actually look forward to these conversations.

Take care and good luck, Callie. I'll write you often.

Casey

 
At 3/5/06 3:36 PM, Blogger Callie said...

I'm going to miss you so. You have provided more guidance/ friendship to me than I think you know. Take care, mi amigo. And I expect many letters & photos.

Cal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home